After Hours & Emergency Care Referrals
After Hours Care
We recommend you contact the following pet hospitals in Georgia.
|Animal Urgent Care of Dunwoody|
|5450 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd|
Dunwoody, GA 30338
|(470) 977-2494||Visit Website|
|South Atlanta Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center|
|1090 Highway 54 East|
Fayetteville, Georgia, 30214
|(770) 460-8166||Visit Website|
|Union City Veterinary Medical Center and Emergency Clinic|
|6702 Shannon Pkwy|
Union City, GA 30291
|(770) 964-0700||Visit Website|
What is considered a pet emergency?
In most cases, the following conditions are too risky to wait before seeking treatment:
- Injury from a traumatic accident or from an attack by another animal
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting that contains blood
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen and or painful abdomen
- Foaming at the mouth
- Swallowing a foreign object
- Ingestion of a toxic object
- Difficulty urinating
Emergency Tests & Diagnostics
During your pet’s stay, we provide the highest-quality care and attention. All hospitalized patients are kept in a specialized treatment area where they are closely monitored.
Our vet team is skilled in offering surgical, diagnostic, and medical care and work with compassion and efficiency to ensure a positive outcome.
At our emergency veterinary clinic, we offer the latest diagnostics and testing for our urgent care patients, including:
- Blood analysis. A blood analysis can help us determine what is wrong with your dog or cat if they are experiencing an unknown illness or has ingested a toxic substance.
- Digital X-rays. X-rays help us determine what kind of internal injuries your pet might be experiencing after a fight or accident involving a car.
- Surgery. Sometimes pets need to be brought into surgery to repair internal injuries.
- Medication. Medicines may be necessary to help your pet recover from a medical emergency or illness. We keep a range of pet medicines on hand to ensure that your pet's needs are covered.
For more information on our emergency vet services or to book an appointment, please call our office.